Originally invented by Dr. Fritz Faulhaber Sr. and patented in 1958, the System FAULHABER coreless (or ironless) progressive, self-supporting, skew-wound rotor winding is at the heart of every FAULHABER DC-Motor. This revolutionary technology changed the industry and created new possibilities for customer application of DC-Motors where the highest power, best dynamic performance, in the smallest possible size and weight are required. Applied in a three phase brushless motor, the winding no longer rotates but rather becomes the basis of a slotless stator.
无论是高转矩四磁极伺服电机，高效率扁平电机，还是紧凑式 无槽电机，FAULHABER都致力于一最小的外形实现最高的性 能。
由于其出色的设计，FAULHABER 无刷电机能够理想地用于需 要频繁过载、持续工作，以及 最长工作寿命的重负荷伺服应用。
FAULHABER高精度二磁极直流无刷电机是一种三相无槽电机， 它速度和转矩范围宽，能够完美地用于需要平滑速度控制、高 效率和长工作寿命的中高级调速应用。
对于要求在极小尺寸下实现非常高转矩的高动态伺服应 用，FAULHABER BX4 系列四磁极三相无槽电机堪称理想选 择。它设计坚固，只有几个部件，没有粘合部件，这意味着它 具有极高的耐用性，非常适合于恶劣环境，如极端温度环境， 以及用于高撞击和震动负载时。
FAULHABER扁平无刷伺服电机是一种3相无槽轴向磁隙电机， 带有一块旋转背铁。它的效率要比其它扁平无刷电机高得多， 其旋转背铁可以提供高转子惯性，理想地适用于需要低转矩纹 波和精确连续速度控制的应用。
FAULHABER还提供多种带有柱状旋转背铁的二磁极无刷电机， 这种电机有时也称为无铁芯外转式电机。FAULHABER 电机与 众不同的是其无槽设计，它消除了齿滞。高惯量转子使这种电 机能够完美地用于需要高精度调速的连续工作应用。这种电 机还配备有板载速度控制驱动器，可以用于实现不同的调速曲 线。
FAULHABER 2-pole or 4-pole DC-Servomotors and Flat Brushless DC-Micromotors come standard with 3 discrete digital Hall sensors with a 120° phase shift.
As an option, most FAULHABER Brushless DC-Servomotors are available with analog (linear) Hall sensors.
These sensors can replace the need for a high resolution encoder in many applications and provide the basic commutation signal for the Brushless DC-Servomotors in combination with FAULHABER Motion Controllers. In some cases, for example, the FAUHABER BHx family, discrete sensors are replaced by a commutation PCB which provide the hall signals but can, in some cases, also provide sinusoidal commutation signals.
FAULHABER Brushless DC-Servomotors are designed with a variety of different types of magnets to suit the particular performance of the given motor type or application conditions. These materials include high performance rare earth magnet types such as SmCo and NdFeB.
Due to the fact that motor commutation is achieved electronically and not mechanically, the operational lifetime of a FAULHABER Brushless DC-Servomotor depends mainly on the lifetime performance of the motor bearings. FAULHABER uses high precision preloaded ball bearings in all of its Brushless DC-Servomotors 6 mm in diameter and larger. Factors affecting the life of the motor bearings include the static and dynamic axial and radial bearing loads, the ambient thermal conditions, the motor speed, shock and vibrational loads, and the precision of the shaft coupling to the given application. If operated according to the data sheet Brushless DC-Servomotors have an operational lifetime many times that of mechanically commutated (brush) DC-Motors.
- No cogging torque resulting in smooth positioning and speed control and higher overall effi ciency than other brushless motor types
- Extremely high torque and high performance in relation to the size and weight of the motor
- Absolute linear relationship between load to speed, current to torque, and voltage to speed, with a highly sensitive current / torque behaviour
- Extremely low torque ripple
FAULHABER specialises in the adaptation of its standard products for customer-specific applications. Available modifi cations for FAULHABER Brushless DC-Servomotors include:
- Additional voltage types
- Connecting cables (PTFE and PVC) and plugs
- Configurable shaft lengths and second shaft ends
- Modified shaft dimensions and pinion confi gurations such as fl ats, gears, pulleys and eccenters
- Extended temperature range
- Vacuum compatibility (e.g. 10-5 Pa)
- Modifications for high speed and / or high load applications
- Modifications for high shock & vibration loads
- Autoclavable Motors
- Modifications for motors with tighter than standard electrical or mechanical tolerances
FAULHABER offers the industry’s largest selection of complementary products tailor made for all of its Brushless DC-Servomotors including:
- Precision gearheads (planetary gearheads, spur gearheads
- and zero-backlash spur gearheads)
- High resolution Encoders (Incremental and Absolute)
- High Performance Drive Electronics (Speed Controllers,
- Motion Controllers)
- Integrated drive electronics (Motion and Speed Control)